The statistics show you have a 1 in 4 change of selling tobacco to a underage buyer.
- It is easy to miscalculate the age from the birthday, especially when staff are tired and busy.
- Fines are increasing to $1000 for the 1st offense. Regulated at the federal, state and local level.
- The FDA inspected 162,000 retailers last year and gave 18,000 violations. Don't risk your sales license and be one of the next 18,000 fined.
- Both the owner and the staff get fines. Your staff and you can't afford to be a negative statistic
- New employees are at high risk of making a mistake. Help new employees get it right. Studies show your new workers are 5x more likely to make a mistake. This is a big problem in locations with high turnover.
- Avoid confrontation with customers. The system says No Sale, achieving full compliance and avoiding a conformation with customers.
- We include a audit/compliance log to so managers and owners can review to make sure the system is being used all the time.
- It is low cost insurance that will protect you and your people.
By checking the above facts, you now got understand that owners of convenience stores are required by local legislation to take action to stop the sale of age-restricted goods to minors. If you don't comply, you could face severe consequences, like having to shut down your company.
Our ID scanners help you protect your business by reducing the risk of underage sales and false IDs. We at Minor Decliner offer low-cost, easy-to-use ID scanning devices that validate IDs instantly and identify fake identities at the point of sale with little to no training.
So, don't delay! To protect your convenience store from fraud, expensive fines, and fake IDs - Call us at 888-310-4001 and consult about buying the best ID scanner equipment for your convenience shop.